22 October 2007

Home safe and sound.


Update: The early counting seems to confirm that the
roadside monstrosity took out the UGLY award, in answer
to some queries as to what it was... I have no idea!!!!
There was a sign, just visible in the first photo, but the
object made such a negative impression that I have no
recollection of what it said.... Sorry.

It's all over bar the shouting.


We paid a visit to the old Dubbo Gaol, but were allowed to leave.

Well they worked Wazza over pretty well first, but then we were allowed to
leave.

This is a "Big Red Kangaroo" doing what they do best during daylight hours
on a hot day, they are naturally nocturnal, thus the suicidal tendencies on
the roads at night.

This feeder for the giraffe's is about 8 or 9 feet of the ground, they sure
are tall suckers.

But majestic to look at, one of my favourite animals.

The Australian/Celtic Standing Stones at Glen Innes.

Set in a lovely park this site is quite powerful and mysterious.

I have shown you lots of the beauty spots and sights of Australia, so as a
balance I thought it only fair that I show you some of the plain ugly things too.
This is a roadside memorial? to ... something and we voted it as the ugliest
thing we encountered on the whole trip.
Please enbiggen for the full horror of this site to become visible.

So there can be no suggestion that this is a rigged result though,
I have included the next two photos to be judged by the viewers
in this same category.

I propose that we call them exhibits 1, 2, & 3, and invite your votes as to
which is the ugliest.... (sort of mirror, mirror on the wall.....)

I don't want to influence your voting in any way, but, here's a closer view
of that roadside thing, just in case you wanted to see it again.


I would like to thank you for your company on this holiday trip, between
all of you and Wazza too I couldn't have asked for better company.

13 comments:

kenju said...

Peter, it is obviously #3 that is the worst! I vote for #3 (the bottom photo).

Jack K. said...

You do make it difficult. I suppose it would be poor sportsmanship to say all three win. giggle.

The obvious one is #3.

Now go to here and cast a vote for the opposite end of the spectrum.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

That roadside "thing" is far uglier than you. Well, maybe a little bit uglier....

Merle said...

Hi Peter ~~ That roadside thingo wins hands down. What the heck is it meant to represent ? No one could convince me that either you and Warren are ugly - then again hardly beautiful !!
Thank you for putting the rose on my sidebar. You are so clever. Please explain that thingo. Take care,
Cheers, Merle.

Kerith Collins said...

those stones are awesome

Rachel said...

LOL at Oldhorsetailsnake's comment!!

Wow, somebody put a lot of work into that wierd roadside thing. I wonder what inspired that? Really Peter, none of the pictures are ugly!

Pamela said...

argh. That last one was as ugly as your promised.

Puss-in-Boots said...

That roadside whatsit is downright horrible...there should be a law against it! However, between you and Warren...now that's hard. I won't play favourites...you're as bad as one another.

Margaret said...

Hiya, have to go with the flow on the roadside monstrosity, it was close though.
Thanks for the photo sizing tip.
Yes, I know what a surprise that would have been to you me taking photos of roses.
Cheers Margaret

Art Is Life, Life Is Art said...

I'm very glad you made it home safe. AWESOME photos! I love the giraffe's and the big red kangaroo!! Fun post!!

david mcmahon said...

Mate, good to see you had time to invest in ``stocks''!!

Doug Bagley said...

Peter, do you what's worse than a girraffe with a sore throat? Dolly Parton with a chest cold, HA!

Shammickite said...

I think the roadside thing is a piece of inspired art. (That could be art with a silent F). The other 2 pictures are truly scary.